LED LIGHT THERAPY
Stimulates natural skin healing using different light wavelengths. It’s effective for acne, sun damage, and fine lines. Cleanse, head massage, moisturise and SPF included with each session.
LED (light emitting diode) technology, is a scientific process that uses wavelengths in the visible light spectrum to send calibrated packets of light into the dermal layer, setting off a frenzy of cellular activity to produce softer, more youthful looking skin.
LED Light Therapy only effects cells “under stress” and has no effect on healthy cells.
Who would have thought that scientific experiments conducted by NASA on how to grow plants in space would have lead to the most significant break through the beauty industry has ever seen. Like most accidental discoveries NASA were not looking at ways to reduce wrinkles or make women look 10 years younger but were surprised to discover that the LED lights they were experimenting with as a means to grow plants in space helped astronauts recover faster from injuries sustained during weightlessness.
LED Light Therapy
|Single session (20 min)
Stimulates natural skin healing using different light wavelengths. It’s effective for acne, sun damage, and fine lines. Cleanse, head massage, moisturise and SPF included.
HOW DOES LED LIGHT THERAPY WORK?
• LED activates skin cells with pulses of low level, non thermal light energy.
• The cell converts light energy into fuel (much like photosynthesis) in turn stimulating the cells to produce proteins and lipids essential for building and repairing the skin.
• Research has confirmed that LED can speed healing, reduce inflammation and stimulate fibroblasts and collagen production, by as much as 200% within just 24 hours of treatment!
• Given LED photo-stimulation can provide the skin cells with the energy to heal faster and produce more collagen it makes sense that it would also be able to fix minor damage.
• Trials were undertaken on sun damaged, pigmented and wrinkled skin. One trial published in the highly respected journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that a 20 minute LED treatment for 12 weeks had a positive smoothing effect in 83% of subjects and improved skin tone for an incredible 91%! Another study in the US found that it had a positive effect on crow’s feet for 81% of the test volunteers.
• LED treatment carries no side effects or complications. Some patients may experience temporary redness and flushing to the area of skin treated. This should be gone within a few hours of treatment.
• For people on the go, an LED light therapy treatment offers exceptional results over a short course time.
• Ideal for a special event or as a program for overall skin rejuvenation, this treatment is non-invasive, painless and requires no downtime from work or social activities.
• Normal activities may be resumed immediately after treatment.
WHO IS LED SUITABLE FOR?
• LED Light Therapy offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve specific skin conditions and rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of their skin including clients with the following skin concerns:-
• Sun Damage – Rejuvenates sun damaged skin – face, neck, shoulders, back, arms and legs
• Age Spots and Pigmentation – reduces
• Blotchy skin colouring – minimises and balances discolouring
• Acne and superficial scars from past injury – reduction in acne & redness visibility
• Stretch marks – reduction in colour
• Unhealthy and dull looking skin – will improve overall skin health
• Anti-Ageing – work to rebuild the architecture of the skin through cellular renewal.
• Clients suffering from SAD condition